● The Athlete Career Programme (ACP) was initiated and developed by IOC in 2005, which was a non-profit programme specially designed for retired athletes to provide advices and supports in their transitional period. The implement of this programme was managed and supervised by IOC, and ADECCO works as the partner.
● ACP has been introduced to more than 30 nations all over the world and the response from athlete is positive.
● The China Athlete Career Programme (CACP) ties into the Athlete Welfare Programme, and it is implemented by Champion Foundation according to the guidelines and supports from the Athlete Career Programme of IOC and the Athlete Welfare Programme of the General Administration of Sport of China.
● Challenges for athletes after retirement:
- lack of new goals
- lack of school knowledge and social competence
- lack of support
- limited access to labour market and study information
- lack of career plan
- lack of sufficient understanding on the interconnection between sports life and career re-development
- lack of confidence
All Rights Reserved.